COLLECTION OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
The collection of personally identifiable information is required in order for HeadLight Technologies to provide HeadLight Technologies Services. However, HeadLight Technologies does not share your personally identifiable information with any other party except in the provision of HeadLight Technologies Services with notice to you identifying such other party by name, location, and contact. The following are certain situations in which HeadLight Technologies may collect personally identifiable information about you:
- HeadLight Technologies may collect personally identifiable information from you to register you for an electronic newsletter. When you register online with HeadLight Technologies, HeadLight Technologies asks for personally identifiable information such as your name, address, e-mail address, occupation, industry, and other demographic information.
- If you send HeadLight Technologies personal correspondence, such as e-mails or letters, or if other users or third parties send HeadLight Technologies correspondence about your activities or postings on the Site, HeadLight Technologies may choose to collect such information into a file specific to you.
- HeadLight Technologies may receive your personally identifiable information from one or more of HeadLight Technologies’s business partners.
USE OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
HeadLight Technologies does not share, loan, rent or sell your personally identifiable information except as required to provide HeadLight Technologies Services. The following describes some of the ways that your personally identifiable information may be disclosed in the normal scope of business to provide HeadLight Technologies Services:
- HeadLight Technologies may aggregate personally identifiable information and disclose such information in a non-personally identifiable manner to advertisers and other third parties for their marketing and promotional purposes. However, in these situations, HeadLight Technologies does not disclose to these entities any information that could be used to identify you personally. Information such as your name, e-mail address, password, and credit and banking information, are not disclosed to these third parties in a personally identifiable manner without your explicit consent.
- There may be services offered by third parties that HeadLight Technologies refers to as third party service providers that may be complementary to your use of the Site. If you choose to use these third party services, disclose information to third party service providers, and/or grant them permission to collect information about you, then their use of your information is governed by the privacy policies of such third parties. HeadLight Technologies does not disclose your personally identifiable information to third party service providers unless you provide your explicit consent. With your consent, HeadLight Technologies may provide some of your personal information to third party service providers offering such services, for your convenience. To prevent HeadLight Technologies’s disclosure of your personally identifiable information to a third party service provider, you can decline such consent or simply not use their services. Because HeadLight Technologies does not control the privacy practices of these third parties, you should evaluate their practices before deciding to use their services.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, HeadLight Technologies reserves the right (and you authorize HeadLight Technologies) to share or disclose your personally identifiable information when HeadLight Technologies determines, in its sole discretion, that the disclosure of your personally identifiable information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against you if:
- You are interfering with another’s rights or property, including, without limitation, HeadLight Technologies’s rights or property;
- You are violating any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- Necessary or required by any applicable law, rule or regulation; and/or
- Requested by authorities in the event of any act of terrorism or instance of local, regional or national emergency.
CHANGES TO INFORMATION AND USE PREFERENCES
You may at any time request a copy of HeadLight Technologies’s record of your personally identifiable information, change your personally identifiable information or use preferences, or opt-out of HeadLight Technologies’s use of your personally identifiable information by contacting HeadLight Technologies via any of the methods set forth below:
2101 Fourth Avenue, Suite #1260
Seattle, WA 98121
Attention: Information Changes
NEWSLETTERS AND CAN-SPAM COMPLIANCE
HeadLight Technologies will send only verified, double-opt-in email newsletters, if any, specifically requested by users of the Site. Subscriptions to HeadLight Technologies newsletters are verified by sending an email confirmation to your email address, which requires a positive response before an e-mail address is added to HeadLight Technologies’s electronic newsletter subscription list. HeadLight Technologies is compliant with the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act of 2003 (“CAN-SPAM”).
” Cookies” are alphanumeric identifiers in the form of text files that are inserted and stored by your Web browser on your computer’s hard drive. HeadLight Technologies may set and access cookies on your computer to track and store preferential information about you and enable us to provide HeadLight Technologies Services. HeadLight Technologies also gathers anonymous information about its users through cookie technology on an aggregate level. Such aggregated information is used solely within HeadLight Technologies’s internal organization and is not shared with third parties.
Do Not Track
The Site does not track visitors over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third party sites you visit may track your browsing activities, which could enable them to obtain information about the fact that a web browser visited the Site from a certain IP address. If you are visiting such sites, our web browser may allow you to set the DNT signal on your browser so that third parties know you do not want to be tracked.
Personally identifiable information you submit to HeadLight Technologies is password-protected for your privacy and security. In certain areas HeadLight Technologies uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions. In the unlikely event that an unauthorized third party compromises HeadLight Technologies security measures, HeadLight Technologies will not be responsible for any damages directly or indirectly caused by an unauthorized third party’s ability to view, use or disseminate such information. HeadLight Technologies will notify you in the event it becomes aware of an unauthorized use or compromise of your personally identifiable information and will take reasonable measures to limit further unauthorized use or compromise.
LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES
ACCESS AND USE OF THE SITE
The Site is intended to be accessed and used only by adults and is not directed to children under the age of 18. HeadLight Technologies does not knowingly permit registration or submission of personally identifiable information by anyone under the age of 18.
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS