COLLECTION OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
The collection of personally identifiable information is required in order for Pavia to provide Pavia Services. However, Pavia does not share your personally identifiable information with any other party except in the provision of Pavia Services with notice to you identifying such other party by name, location, and contact. The following are certain situations in which Pavia may collect personally identifiable information about you:
- Pavia may collect personally identifiable information from you to register you for an electronic newsletter. When you register online with Pavia, Pavia asks for personally identifiable information such as your name, address, e-mail address, occupation, industry, and other demographic information.
- If you send Pavia personal correspondence, such as e-mails or letters, or if other users or third parties send Pavia correspondence about your activities or postings on the Site, Pavia may choose to collect such information into a file specific to you.
- Pavia may receive your personally identifiable information from one or more of Pavia’s business partners.
USE OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
Pavia does not share, loan, rent or sell your personally identifiable information except as required to provide Pavia Services. The following describes some of the ways that your personally identifiable information may be disclosed in the normal scope of business to provide Pavia Services:
- Pavia may aggregate personally identifiable information and disclose such information in a non-personally identifiable manner to advertisers and other third parties for their marketing and promotional purposes. However, in these situations, Pavia does not disclose to these entities any information that could be used to identify you personally. Information such as your name, e-mail address, password, and credit and banking information, are not disclosed to these third parties in a personally identifiable manner without your explicit consent.
- There may be services offered by third parties that Pavia refers to as third party service providers that may be complementary to your use of the Site. If you choose to use these third party services, disclose information to third party service providers, and/or grant them permission to collect information about you, then their use of your information is governed by the privacy policies of such third parties. Pavia does not disclose your personally identifiable information to third party service providers unless you provide your explicit consent. With your consent, Pavia may provide some of your personal information to third party service providers offering such services, for your convenience. To prevent Pavia’s disclosure of your personally identifiable information to a third party service provider, you can decline such consent or simply not use their services. Because Pavia does not control the privacy practices of these third parties, you should evaluate their practices before deciding to use their services.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, Pavia reserves the right (and you authorize Pavia) to share or disclose your personally identifiable information when Pavia determines, in its sole discretion, that the disclosure of your personally identifiable information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against you if:
- You are interfering with another’s rights or property, including, without limitation, Pavia’s rights or property;
- You are violating any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- Necessary or required by any applicable law, rule or regulation; and/or
- Requested by authorities in the event of any act of terrorism or instance of local, regional or national emergency.
CHANGES TO INFORMATION AND USE PREFERENCES
You may at any time request a copy of Pavia’s record of your personally identifiable information, change your personally identifiable information or use preferences, or opt-out of Pavia’s use of your personally identifiable information by contacting Pavia via any of the methods set forth below:
Mail: Pavia Systems, Inc.
1725 Westlake Ave. N., Suite #204
Seattle, WA 98109
Attention: Information Changes
NEWSLETTERS AND CAN-SPAM COMPLIANCE
Pavia will send only verified, double-opt-in e-mail newsletters, if any, specifically requested by users of the Site. Subscriptions to Pavia newsletters are verified by sending an e-mail confirmation to your e-mail address, which requires a positive response before an e-mail address is added to Pavia’s electronic newsletter subscription list. Pavia is compliant with the Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act of 2003 (“CAN-SPAM”).
” Cookies” are alphanumeric identifiers in the form of text files that are inserted and stored by your Web browser on your computer’s hard drive. Pavia may set and access cookies on your computer to track and store preferential information about you and enable us to provide Pavia Services. Pavia also gathers anonymous information about its users through cookie technology on an aggregate level. Such aggregated information is used solely within Pavia’s internal organization and is not shared with third parties.
Personally identifiable information you submit to Pavia is password-protected for your privacy and security. In certain areas Pavia uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions. In the unlikely event that an unauthorized third party compromises Pavia security measures, Pavia will not be responsible for any damages directly or indirectly caused by an unauthorized third party’s ability to view, use or disseminate such information. Pavia will notify you in the event it becomes aware of an unauthorized use or compromise of your personally identifiable information and will take reasonable measures to limit further unauthorized use or compromise.
LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES
ACCESS AND USE OF THE SITE
The Site is intended to be accessed and used only by adults and is not directed to children under the age of 18. Pavia does not knowingly permit registration or submission of personally identifiable information by anyone under the age of 18.
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS